Bandimere Speedway Track Facts
- 1/4 mile drag strip
- Track Direction - South to North
- Elevation - 5800' above sea level
- Sanctioned by the NHRA
- Radio Frequency - 95.1 FM
- Host over 125 events each year
- Established in 1958 by John Bandimere, Sr.
- All-concrete racing surface. One of three NHRA national event tracks to have an all-concrete
- Track resurfacing was completed in April, 2008, and included over 47,000 sq ft of new concrete
and new asphalt in the shut down area.
- A new Musco lighting system was installed in May, 2008 providing one of the best lit tracks in
- Bandimere Speedway is proud to work with Bob Brockmeyer and utilize the latest CompuLink Timing
System, featuring all fiber-optic lines.
- Track has a proprietary 'Track Cooling System' that is unique to the drag racing industry.
This track cooling system lies in the concrete launch pad and circulates chilled water from a
pair of 12,000 gallon underground tanks through over 15,000 foot of lines in the launch pad.
The cooled area is 200' long; 40' behind the starting line to 160' past the start.
Track temperature probes in the concrete, as well as surface reading show temperature reductions
between 15-25 degrees.
- New 60" Trans-Lux LED Scoreboards were added in May, 2009.
- Bandimere Speedway track equipment includes the first track prep 'tire rotator' drag built,
a 72" track scrubber, TYMCO sweeper, and custom spray rig.
- Bandimere speedway partners with St. Anthony Hospitals and West Metro Fire Authority to
maintain a fully equipped ambulance on site. Safety trucks include multiple fire suppression
systems, including gaseous, dry chemical, and foam, and carry a Hurst Jaws-Of-Life.
- The track can seat 28,500 people.
- The Top Eliminator Club provides one of the best views in all of drag racing. The T.E.C.
pavilion tent is 43' x 150', and features 752 angled premium seats.
- The VIP Tower has 4 floors, and features 13 corporate suites (variety of sizes, seating 25-75),
a pair of Media Center suites.
- Over 45 acres of asphalt in pit area and staging lanes.
- Bandimere Speedway operates a Fuel Store on-site that feature Sunoco Race Fuels.
- In-house concessions and catering company.
- The track leases a karting track to Action Karting. Action Karting operates for rentals, race events, and private events. They can be reached by calling 303-781-4483.
- Adjacent lots have been used for a variety of events, including auctions, truck pulls,
bicycle rides, and various training programs.
- Bandimere Speedway partners with other local venues to share our resources for their events,
including Thunder Valley Motorcycle Park, and Sports Authority Field at Mile High.